Sunday, January 13, 2013

01/13/2012

Peter is continuing to make great strides of improvement and I am so excited to see what Craig has in store for us.
Peter and I will make the trip on Wednesday the 16th, to Denver to start the journey with Craig Hospital.  I have had the opportunity to talk and meet with several of the team members and they all seem wonderful and I am looking forward to this next adventure for Peter.  I have made the decision to stop working full time for the time being so that my efforts can be towards getting Peter the care and treatment that he needs and so that when he comes home there is someone here to take care of him.
We have had some more good news that Peter has been moved up to the top of the brain waiver list, which means once he makes it home we will have more assistance from state in the form of therapy, which we wouldn't have had, had he not made it to the top of the list.  It is amazing how much red tape you have to go through in order to get the help for those you love.  many times I have asked our wonderful case worker Jennifer at the ARU what happens to those who don't have the family backing that Peter has, and she has only one answer and that is they just slowly disappear,  it is so sad to me and makes me want to advocate for each and everyone of them, but I know I don't have the time.
For now my plan is to be in Denver for as much of the time as I can.  I also have obligations to my daughter, as she has sports,  then being able to take dad to and from Denver to allow him the time to spend with Peter as well, will be time consuming.  I am sure hat once we get schedule down it will seem much clearer, but at this point what I know is this,  the first week will be a big adjustment period for Peter and the TBI team at Craig, I will be there for the entire 1st week and will be bringing Dad down on Saturday- Monday as well As Dora since Monday is a holiday, and then taking them back to Cheyenne and returning to Denver Monday night for the remainder of the week.  After that we will see how Peter is adjusting to the new therapy sessions and how the new program, and will make any adjustment that are needed from there.   I am so grateful for my wonderful sisters who help with Dora and for all the family and friend a that have been so diligent with the prayers.  Again our family can not thank you enough for everything everyone has done. :)  so as of Wednesday Peter will no,longer be here in Cheyenne but will be in Denver, CO as soon as I can get an update out from Denver I will try to do so, but I am not sure how the program works there so I am trying to keep my schedule open so that I to can "go along with the program so to speak" .
We have set up a " For the Benefit Account for Peter Eickbush" at Oregon Trail Bank at any of the branches in Guernsey, Chugwater, and Cheyenne, so those that wish to can contribute.

Till next time
Joanna Lulf


1 comment:

  1. Great Job Joanna: That was well thought out and nicely worded. Love You to girl.

    ReplyDelete