Sunday, November 25, 2012

11/25/2012 Update

Peter was moved to the ARU unit on the 3rd floor room 317 at the old DePAul hospital in Cheyenne . It is great to see him making improvements everyday little that they may be they are improvements none the less.   They have asked that if you visit it is best to do so either in the mornings or after 4 pm so that he has all the therapy done for the day or you can contact Shar, or Joanna and if you don't have our numbers just message us on Facebook and we will respond with what his therapy schedule is for the day is so you fit in your visit in around the therapy.....  Naomi, Cary, Laurel, Dolly, Mike, Dora, and I all got to visit with Peter today and he said his first words...... Yes and No...... So exciting and it gets our hopes up that we only have higher to go. He has such a willingness to please that I think big things are to come.    Yay .
This type of rehab unit is Intense and they expect them to be outa there within two weeks is the goal, however if they don't make that goal and are still making progress they will stay until hay have reached there full potential which is great for Peter because he will receive , OT, ST, and PT for a max of 5 hrs of therapy per day, he will interact will all the others in the unit , like eating and other activities,  he has lost enough weight that Naomi went to Wal-Mart and got him comfy cloths and shoes and some awesome boys toys to play with to stimulate him with.   It is so wonderful when you have a family that u can communicate with, love with, and feel that you are all on the same page.  It makes things so much easier and for happier times.  Thank you sisters we have each others backs and thats what family is about!
Today I am so great full  for my two wonderful sisters for without them this last two weeks would have been extremely difficult, I am great full for the workers the were there everyday for the first week for encouragement as that was just what we needed, I am ever so great full for Laurel and Dolly and of course Dolly's husband for allowing them to be here and help us in our great time of need, today I really needed it. Thank you Art I really Appreciate it, you don't know how much it means to have them here.

I am thankful to for Uncle Elmer for Walking our sister down the aisle at her wedding when our dad had to,stay with Peter in the hospital that means so much and that is something I will never forget. It means the world to me that even when others were having hard times, Noaleen you set them aside and you came running to our rescue, thank you so much for that, just knowing that we are a family and we can lean on each other means a lot. LaDawana thank you for stepping in when we needed the help with the girls and I needed to be by Peters side, I knew she was in good hands it was blessing g to know that you were here.

We still have a ways to go in Peters recover process but I believe God has answered a lot of prayers, and. Pray every day that his will to be done and for myself to be doing what he want me to do,  it is not always the easiest thing for me, and I am trying,  Dad seems to be faltering a little with Peter at his time so a few prayers his way may be in order, he seems to be exhausted and not among this as well as in times past, I am pray. For his peace and hoping that with the all progress that Peter has made maybe that will lift his spirts and will help him some.

Well that is all for tonight as I think this is long enough and if I have forgotten to thank anyone I apologize n advance as it has been a whirlwind of a couple weeks.

Joanna

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Sis. You did fabulous and You covered it all very well. I just want you to know Joanna that you thank everyone for all their help and I too am greatful for that but I would also extend a special thank you out to you my dear sis Joanna for putting this blog together and keeping all informed and just sticking in there and being so positive. So a Special Thank You goes out to you to Sis. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Joanna for all you do. This blog is much appreciated - it helps us know his improvements without constantly bugging you. I am so pleased with his progress. It makes me smile. What a difference a week can make!!! Last Sunday - I felt like I had left there saying goodbye to Peter - now I can look forward to seeing his smile again.
    Remember - how much you are loved. We are there with you in spirit - when we can't be there in person.
    All our love,
    LaDawna, Gregg, Custer and Casey Friesen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, I have really appreciated you, Sharleen, Naomi, and your Dad's willingness to include me and my family every step of the way. I remember your phone call letting me know about the accident and asking if I would come up and support & I was so hesitant to come, because I didn't want to be in the way. I am grateful LaDawna, Elmer, Noleen, and others, were also there to also help out.

    I was grateful to go into ICU and to see Peter. I left on Sunday feeling so hopeless, and helpless. I felt like I would never see Peter again, as LaDawna said, because I knew the doctors told us to start making funeral plans. I remember such a sadness in my heart. I was thankful your family was kind enough to let me hold Peter's hand, and then little steps of progress started happening. His gentle squeeze (which we all thought was just a reflex), hearing the "sisters secret" and tickling his toes! I loved that kick he gave me! Just simple, little, gentle ways, small steps of improvement along the road of recovery. I have loved the several more squeezes he has given me since Monday. We won't mention that mini bath of Cranberry juice he freely gave me! lol

    This morning, when we said goodbye to you and spent some time alone with him, my heart was so excited. I saw him shake his head yes, or no. I then decided to test his vocal abilities and touch his arm with my ice cold fingers. I sure did get a response! It was such a hilarious response, we couldn't help but laugh! We are grateful for Peter. He is such a special blessing to all of us.

    Love you! (HUGS)

    We are also grateful for the workers efforts in reaching out to the family and supporting all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna and all that are helping when we are not there to help. You are each doing great and I appreciate each thing you do. Prayers do continue for each of you and especially for Peter and your Dad. It does seem harder to understand all that is happening. huggs and loves and a BIG THANK YOU for being YOU.. In our prayers for strength and stamina and a big tickle to Peter hehehehe Peter-- Keep that Great Smile on your face.. Do everything you can and keep eating all you can We love you all Aunt Bonny

    ReplyDelete