Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peter 11/29/2012

I know that I have not been as great as I was about keeping everyone update about Peter as I should, but life happens and between 4 jobs, a daughter, a dad, Peter, and trying to stay sane it has been hard to even get sleep so here goes.
    Peter is improving every day, his left side is still not responding but we are still hopeful that it will.  They say it can take quite a by of time before we see real progress with it.  Every day he speaks new words and it is great to hear.  Today Elmer and Noaleen stopped by which was so nice to see them.  Peter does at least 3 hours of therapy a day but he does enjoy having company even though he does tire out easy.

I leave tomorrow for a trip that was planned prior to Peters accident and it has been a struggle for me but I have chosen to go ahead and go as I know he is in good hands.  Laurel plans to spend Monday and Tuesday with him and Sharleen has been great about seeing him in the afternoons.  Dad has caught a virus from when Peter was at the hospital and hasn't been feeling well so it is hard to have him around Peter as we don't want him to get sick.

Each week the doctors and therapist do evaluations to determine where he is at in the rehab process and if he is still benefiting from being in the rehab unit or if a different venue is in order......... At this point we are still at the rehab unit as they are still seeing improvement............... We pray for a full recovery and hope for the best.  As I get reports from everyone this next week I will try to plots hem in the blog or ask them to update it so everyone can stay updated.

He is still in room 317 which is on the 3rd floor of the old DePaul hospital, visitors are welcome from 830 to 730 and all are welcome to visit.

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Joanna

1 comment:

  1. Thank You to each of you... Blessings and prayers that God will bring Peter back to full power in his name.

    ReplyDelete