Friday, November 30, 2012

11/30/2012 Update on Peter

Yesterday when I was sitting with Peter during his lunch.  He ate really well, then I asked him to say HI and he did verbally than I said Peter," Say, I Love You" and he said it.  Then he leaned over to me and said verbally "I need to use the restroom"  That sent shivers down my spine as that is the first time that Peter has spoken verbally to me since his accident.  Then he tried to get out of the chair to go to the restroom and I said Peter you need to wait until they come help you I don't want you to fall and He said "OK" verbally.

I just wanted to cry - It made me so happy to hear him speak.  Then the nurses and aides told me that they have yet to hear him put a sentence together but he did it for me and I was so proud of his hard work.
Peter has been such a trooper.

Today was somewhat of a quite day Peter had alot of therapy this morning so when I got there early in the afternoon he was pretty well tuckered out.  He has been eating real well so hope to get his weight back up.  They removed his staples this afternoon which did not make him real happy that they were messing with his head.  When I got there this evening he was ignoring me and didn't want to look at me still a little upset that they messed with his head until I mentioned a good friend of his and then he rolled over on his back, raised his eyebrows and was a bit more alert to what I was saying.

Peter has been such an inspiration to me as well  as my sisters.  I really have to say Amen and Thank you Joanna and Naomi and even to our dear cousin Laurel.  They have said things so good that it has left me in aaawww!  I could not have said any of it better myself.  I tell you Peter has made me start appreciating the finer things in life and how fragile life is.  I do not leave his side with out saying "I Love You" because I have come to realize say it while you can cause you may not get another chance to.  Also, He has taught me that no matter how hard the path may be or what it takes to keep going that we just need to keep on keeping on and tho they may be baby steps none the less they are steps that keep us going forward.

Thank you so much to everyone that has shown support and given us their prayers.  There is alot of power in prayer and we do appreciate them.  Also, we are thankful for the visitors that keep us motivated.

Just a thought before I let this be all for now:  "When the path is rough and there seems no hope Don't give up Keep on going even if they are baby steps"

1 comment:

  1. Shar,

    Loved your thoughts. You did a great job of expressing my thoughts too! Peter is doing an amazing job as he continues down the long road of recovery, and I am so grateful You, Joanna, and Naomi have been kind enough to allow me to spend time next to you, and Pete. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete