Friday, November 23, 2012

Peter 11/23/2012

Today was a good day, Peter was moved from ICU to a regular private room on the 4th floor 4206.  His left side is still weak but is improving every day.  It seems that all the doctors and therapist are in agreement that intense therapy is needed and we are just waiting the word APPROVED so the he can go to ACU starting next week.   This will mean that he will be moved to the old hospital and begin a 5 day a week with 24/7 nursing care therapy setting.  He continues to improving his eating skills and seems to enjoy it more and is gaining more control over is movements on his right side.  Dad, Mike, Sharleen, Rachel, Dora, and I were all able to visit for quite a while.  THe workers stopped in for a few min. This morning before heading out.

I am hopeful that on the end of this journey we will have our old Peter back, but at times my faith waivers as I wonder how it can be possible.  I just have to remember that God has a plan and keep the faith. I will try to keep the updates coming as things happen.  Peter enjoys visitors so if you are in town feel free to stop in.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo! Peter has such a sweet smile, and personality! We are sooo blessed to have him in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna,
    Glad to read the update again.

    I am sure that during recovery there will be slow days in which it will seem like there isn't much to tell. Just keep knowing that there is a load of care from many - and just little word from time to time is so appreciated.

    I don't know if Peter would remember me or not as it has been a long time since I was around there much. But I wish you well Peter. Love and care to all in the family.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to hear of your progress Peter, and I hope your enjoying the balloons we sent you. Keep getting better! Hugs & love to you all.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete