Friday, November 30, 2012

Little Steps

I wanted to show how elated I have been to see Peter continue taking forward steps. Yes, we have days where the steps are slow, but, we remember that' "slow and steady ends the race!" Such a great reminder for all of us!

 A week ago or so, we heard him say yes, and no. Now, he is on to bigger and better heart wrenching words! I was with Sharleen yesterday as he audibly said, "I love you!", and a few other short sentences. I wish you could have felt the power in those three simple words. It took some effort to speak to us.  How often do express your love to those closest to you? We often take those closest to us for granted, don't we?

A great lesson.

Make sure you take the time to let others know you love them as none of us are guaranteed of tomorrow, so we want to live each day and fill our hearts with thank-fullness! 

I plan on spending Monday & Tuesday with Pete.   Rumor has it he might get spoiled!  I am thinking a foot massage might be kind of relaxing, or maybe a shoulder massage instead?  We might have to pull out a few books and read stories, turn on the CD and listen to music, or sing along! I might even try and tickle his toes as I did when he was in ICU!

 Laurel

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Laurel very nicely put I really appreciate your loving kind words they mean so much and I am really greatful that you have the time to be able to come and spend time with Peter that means more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete