Saturday, December 1, 2012

addntl update 12-1-2012 on Peter Eickbush

Laurel put very nicely the events of today.  Thank you Laurel!  In addition to what Laurel mentioned.  I might add that after Laurel left that Joanna called me and I was standing right next to Peter while he was still sitting in his chair after eating his very filling dinner of Philly cheesesteak Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Corn and Vanilla Pudding and Chocolate Pudding and a variety of drinks.  He heard Joanna on my phone and he raised his hand up wanting my phone so I put Joanna on speaker and let him talk to her and he did speak to her and he spoke to Dora as well and even said Doras name.  I have to tell you after the last couple days of not wanting to do much he sure did a great deal today and I found the nich to get him to start talking more just give him the phone and he will talk to just about anyone I think.  When Rachel and I got ready to leave I told him that he needed to really concentrate on doing the excercises that they ask and get that left arm and leg working so he could come home and we could take trips and he said "OK I Will".  Becky the CNA in his room also showed me a picture that he colored today in one of his cars coloring books and I asked Peter did you color this picture?  It is very nice and he responded, "Yes," and nodded his head.  Well let this be all for now as I am getting sleepy and I need to get some rest so I can go to Peters room in the AM and see some more positive things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment