Monday, December 10, 2012

Cinnamon rolls and a few minor details

I'm thinking I have learned the secret to getting well!  Change one's diet from pureed to grounded meals & whole CINNAMON ROLLS !!!!!!

Yes, it is me, the ornery old lady at the blogging helm again.  Surely you won't catch that I'm just a tad jealous after spending the afternoon/evening with Peter, Shar, Joanna, Rachel, Dora, and Becky, his CNA?  Ha ha ha !!!!!!



Peter enjoyed his meal very much and when it came time for the dessert, I noticed they gave him 2 HUGE mouth-watering, can't get your eyes of, CINNAMON ROLLS!  So, I decided to see if I could get him to talk to me!  I said, "Hey, Peter."  He replied, "Yes, Laurel"  I then asked a question.  "Can I have one of your cinnamon rolls, please?"  He quickly replied, "No!".  So, I then asked if Joanna or Shar could have his cinnamon roll and he said, "Yes!"  Hmmm.... I am positive had Naomi been there he would have agreed that she could also have his cinnamon roll.  I'm thinking I need in on the secret to Peter saying YES to me!  LOL.



We are elated to see that he does have a great appetite and his vocabulary continues to increase as they days progress onward!  Did I just mention that word ---- PROGRESS?  Yes, we are SO HAPPY for PROGRESS!

I am grateful for the staff's explanation with us about brain injuries.  There are different stages in TBI and right now he appears to be in the agitation stage.  So, if you are there and he begins to get agitated, just remember to stay calm and remind him not to raise his voice.  He does really well when you talk to him calmly.  There is no doubt in my mind that he is a TRUE miracle from God! 

A big thank you to all who continue to remember us in your prayers....

What do you do when you have two lively girls in the room?  They asked if they could sit in Peter's bed while he enjoyed his dinner!  So, here they are:


A couple more things - I am off to work on my notes and hope to share a few thoughts shortly.  The notes are fairly lengthy, so just know that I may continue adding more on as time permits. 

A special thanks to today's visitors!  Peter's speech therapy teacher from second grade stopped in with her husband, and then a buddy from Mike's work stopped in to say hi. 

Peter LOVES visitors! 

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment