Sunday, December 9, 2012

The countdown has begun!

Did you hear the AWESOME news?  Peter graduated from pureed foods to ground foods a few days ago!  That might not sound newsworthy, but you try eating pureed foods for several weeks and see how much you enjoy your food!  :-D  Believe me, I've actually been on a very similar diet, and though it is tolerable, and can be done, there comes a point when you look forward to something different!  Even if it is just the appearance of the food alone!

The other day, as I sat and watched him enjoy his pureed, chicken fingers, I quickly lost my appetite at the color alone as it kinda looked like someone had not been feeling very well and lost their dinner.  I know that Rachel, Peter's niece, taste tested them and she said they were, "Yummy!"  So, looks can be deceiving!

As it has already been mentioned, we are down to our final week of Peter being in room 314 at the old DePaul hospital.  There is talk that his next step is an acute type rehab facility.  I will let his sisters tell you more about that ... maybe they will update us on Tuesday?  If I understand correctly, his next move might very well mean it would be out of state (to one of two neighboring states).

SO, if you haven't had a chance to go up and see Peter, now is your chance!  He will be leaving on Friday, the 14th!

UPDATE as of 12/10 @ 3pm. -  Peter may or may not still be here on Friday as they try to place him at the best facility for his situation

I plan on sharing the special meeting notes from today's meeting.  Joanna, Dora, and myself all went to Windsor and it was special.

Have a wonderful week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment