Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sugar Cookies, Almond Roca, and ..."Oh yes I can!"

Good Afternoon from windyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wyoming!  My drive up to Wyoming was a two hands at the wheel kinda drive.  I think I read winds were about 65 + mph!  Yikes!  That's windy enough to almost blow ones nose, and also, blow a few truckers off of the road too!  Ha ha!

This is the good ole ornery cousin again.  I hope Shar, Joanna, and Naomi won't mind if I share a smile or two today from my visit with Peter.

I haven't been up to see Peter this week at all, and decided to make my debut today with homemade goodies .  I brought with me homemade sugar cookies that I decorated, and some homemade Almond Roca.  Now, I realize I am no Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, or Rachel Ray, mind you, but I do enjoy time spent in the kitchen in hopes of creating smiles on others faces.

The sitter, Tasha, said she really didn't know how Peter's week went.  So, I asked Peter if his diet had been up graded to include cookies this week.  I said, "Peter do you know if it would be okay on your current diet to enjoy a sugar cookie?"  His reply, "Oh yes.  I can enjoy a cookie!"  Hmmm.... it sounds like his diet today didn't really include anything like a cookie, so the staff knows they are sitting in his room and maybe, just maybe, they will let him enjoy one?  I think there is about a dozen, so if you stop in, feel free to enjoy a cookie or the Almond Roca.

I asked Peter how his therapy went this week and he told me it went really well.  I understand he actually sets up so that the aide can help lift him into the wheelchair for potty breaks or a meal.  That was AWESOME progress !!!!!  It sounds like there is still a struggle to use his left arm, but we are hopeful and confident that the folks at Craig Rehab will help get him to the best possible place for one with the injuries he has had to face.

We are grateful for all who remember in your thoughts and prayers.  I wanted to share a thought from special meeting last week that has been good for my heart to remember. 

~ We need to be careful what we love, and what we fill our heart with; because what we love, will stay with us throughout all eternity.  Will we be grateful or full of regret?

 Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment