Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Final YES from Craig Hospital

It has been a few days since we have done an update on Peter, so while sitting here telling him how much it has snowed outside and that it sure would have been nice to have another set of hands on a snow shovel I thought I would get in a quick update for you all.

Yesterday, I met with Craig Hospital to give them my after rehab plan for Peter, what my expectations were, and then to listen to what their expectations would be of us as a family.  She was able to watch him during one of his PT therapy sessions and was extremely impressed by his progress. I was more nervous than I had ever been for a job interview,  as for me this was so very important as I have felt very strongly that Craig would be a good fit in getting Peter back to the most active person he can be since the accident.

So today was D day and we got the answer we have been waiting for ALL the doctors and the ENTIRE TEAM has said YES.  He will be going to Craig after the 1st of the year.  They meet on Wednesdays for bed planning so by next Wednesday we should have an exact date that he will be leaving the ARU unit here in Cheyenne and going to Englewood, CO @ Craig Hospital.  He will be staying at Craig for at least 4 weeks and it could be up to 8 weeks.  Craig's rehab process requires that the family participate in the therapy sessions during day which will be a challenge but manageable.

I am excited for Peter to get top notch therapy from a great facility.   When I get the exacts dates of the moves I will post them.

Peter continues to improve everyday, and today he walked 10 times back and forth on the bars,  his left arm is slowing making improvement as the nerves are starting to come to life.  This makes it painful for him and uncomfortable but it is a good sign of activity in his body.

Well that is all I have time for now as I am off to pick up Dora from school.  Thanks again for all the prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!!!! We are sooo excited for you all... especially Peter! One more sign that God provides. We are thankful!

    ReplyDelete